Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Island Dreams - A Motivational Photography Book {REVIEW}

I had the opportunity to recently review a beautiful coffee table book with beautiful pictures from the Islands of the Bahamas. “Island Dreams – A Motivational Photography Book” is the work of author Suzy Liebermann, which many of my readers who are parents of young children may recognize as the author of the adorable “Hugo the Starfish” series. This book is filled with gorgeous photography that truly comprise the stuff that daydreams are made of. What makes these photographs in this book so stunning is the unique perspectives offered by the author that beautifully differs from the tropical photography you may have encountered previously. From a gorgeous pair of starfish to a seemingly unknown beach cove with serene turquoise blue water, it is more than easy to picture yourself in the tranquil bliss that is displayed on these pages in the Bahamas. To me, that is the perfect definition of a relaxation book!
What makes this book extra special is that each photograph is paired with a rousing motivational quote. Similarly to the aforementioned unique perspective of the photographs throughout, each quote is markedly touching without actually being cliché. You could imagine your mother, sister or best friend saying any one of these beautiful quotes to you when you might be in a rut or having a bad day. Personally, that’s exactly what I find inspiring about this book – each quote was honest and inspiring, and the photograph alongside it complimented it so well. It really makes an excellent motivational photography book.
I don’t know if I will have the chance to travel to the Bahamas anytime soon to scour the Islands to see if I can locate any of the beautiful locations documented here having a newborn baby girl, but the photos have definitely given my daydreams some material to work with :). The quotes also really put a smile on my face, something a new mother who gets very little sleep every night could really use. Certainly, this is one of the better dream books I’ve ever come across. I highly recommend it.
If you'd like to purchase this book, you can do so on Amazon here.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment