Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

Finish the sentence Friday... "My favorite summertime memory was..." #ftsf

We're finally back with another FTSF post after a little break because the beginning of this semester (and me teaching 3 separate classes at 3 separate colleges)!! 
Today, the theme of the week is "My favorite summertime memory was...."

...seeing my little girl smile for the first time. My summer wasn't filled with the normal activities that most people enjoy because I gave birth at the end of May. June was wet and yucky and July was too hot to breathe, so we didn't get to enjoy much of the outdoor weather until August. Nevertheless, I still have a favorite memory of the summer that I will hold dear to me.
The most amazing thing to me was seeing my little girl smile at me for the first time. All those sleepless nights and cries that we couldn't quite decipher at first.... all my worries about whether or not I would be a good mom... everything went away when I saw this little cutie smile for the first time. Here is one of those pictures :)
If you want to participate in the FTSF hop, please click on the link above!!

3 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like best thing that could happen over the course of the summer. And I remember when both my girls smiled for the first time and truly was the best feeling. Thank you for sharing this here and linking up with us, too. And that picture is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful. And I agree - that's a wonderful summer memory. Getting to watch them grow and change - every little step and milestone - is one of the wonderful things about becoming a parent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect memory.- that's a great way to remember summer. Babies are so special. There is nothing like that first smile.

    ReplyDelete